1st line SERVICE ENGINEER XEIKON – Greater China
You provide 1st line service to the Xeikon customers using advanced digital presses in their production environment. Your goal is to guarantee an optimal functioning of the Xeikon machine, to assure the service levels agreed with the customer and to assist the customer in achieving the best printing quality.
Aiming for customer satisfaction is part of your attitude.
Your working area will be Greater China, with preferred location of Shanghai/Guangzhou/Shenzhen/Hong Kong/Taipei. You are open for occasional Asia Pacific travel.
Once up to a good level as 1st line service engineer, you will be trained further towards Print Consultant and Trainer. In this role, you get additional responsibilities to advice and train customers about digital printing and printing workflow. You continue to support customers as service engineer during interventions and on phone support.
- Phone support on Xeikon machines, finishing equipment and workflow
- Interventions, scheduled and preventive maintenance at customer’s site to assure high efficiency of the Xeikon engine
- Site surveys in preparation of a machine installation
- Support during machine installation till full acceptance of the production line
- Technical support for workflow and application topics
- First class technician with a technical educational degree (bachelor) and some years (5 years or above) of experience in machine maintenance, field engineering and/or graphics industry
- Good practical, up-to-date knowledge of common IT hard- and software
- Excellent analytic skills and good engineer sense. Quick learner
- Customer oriented
- Self-supporting, flexible, stress resistant
- Cost conscious, pragmatic
- Able to communicate in English
You can count on preference in case you have understanding of;
- Digital press - hardware and software
- Finishing equipment for printing industry
- Graphic Arts and printing process
- Prepress software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- RIP software
- Color management , ICC profiling
- Workflow SW
- Papers and substrates
- A division of Flint Group, active in innovative digital printing
- Enthusiastic, ambitious environment in a Service department which plays an important business role for Xeikon
- A challenging job with direct responsibility towards the customer