Business Development Manager Labels - Xeikon, Belgium
Xeikon, a division of Flint Group, is a long-standing leader and innovator in digital printing technology. Grounded in the principles of quality, flexibility and sustainability, Xeikon designs, develops and delivers web-fed digital colour presses for label and packaging applications, document printing, and commercial printing. These presses utilise LED-array-based electrophotography, open workflow software and application-specific toners. Globally we are represented in 21 countries, in Belgium we have a large R&D center and production site. There is a production site in Chicago, and an R&D department in Japan. Worldwide Xeikon employs 550 people and we all work together towards the future of digital printing.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, market size, introduces applications, and manages/launches product throughout its life cycle.
- Provides expertise in particular product area support and develops selling strategies to support regional sales goals & marketing plans.
- Creates, plans, organizes, and coordinates marketing programs
- Manages both internal & external resources to execute assigned marketing programs
- Sets up pricing strategy to expand the presence in the label market
- Introduces new product with global sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segment and sales knowledge/comprehension.
- Determines the overall product strategy and gathers field based input for future research and development requirements to support new and emerging products/applications.
- Accountable for day-to-day progress of marketing and global sales support programs
- Provides technical marketing expertise and training in a pre-post product launch sales support capacity.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Conducts marketing analysis and develops/maintains reporting relationships with key market research organizations.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product suites.
- Identifies, develops and implements product based sales tools to increase sales effectiveness.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden products application reach.
- A sales, business development background
- Understand the full production process of labels from prepress to press to converting.
- Understanding of flexo, offset and gravure processes to establish fit for our product line and discussing qualified with customers / partners.
- Understand the business model/cost structure of label printing at a convertor.
- Prior production experience from labels would be an advantage.
- Focusing on label market with good understanding of color management, press operation, coating / finishing and specialty work.
- Great presenter with thorough knowledge of applications from FMCG, fast food, pharma, electronics – vertical markets within labels.
- Just love the challenges in the label business.
- Analytical mindset: synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving skills: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Sales Management skills: - Prospecting, Develops sales project; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Closes projects together with dedicated sales force.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- An enthusiastic, ambitious environment in a Sales/Marketing department which plays an important business role for Xeikon
- Ability to learn on the job and grow your skills
- We attach great importance to a good work-life-fun balance
- Attractive remuneration package
- Intensive training on Xeikon products
- Stimulating personal growth