06 Apr 2017
Key job responsibilities:
- Weigh, blend, QC, and deliver in a productive, efficient, and safe manner press-ready inks to meet the demands of the customer’s production schedule.
- Follow appropriate quality control and inspection process for inks to ensure quality to presses.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records including quality controlled( XRite, recorded ink batch ticket in grey folder) finished ink getting out to press, to meet production dates per customer’s schedule, ink adjustments at press, the level of totes and drums on the dispenser and complaints as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist with job scheduling and ink estimations for jobs going to press.
- Assist with maintaining the work off ink process by regulating use and storage.
- Assist in the ordering process by reviewing the long term schedule to predict ink usage and identify any special orders. ( Flint Paste inks, Heatset inks, blends, and coatings)
- Make sure that the office, equipment and floors are cleaned and properly maintained up to the standards the supervisor has put into place.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Review quality of product delivered to customer for conformance vs. specification.
- Review raw materials and suitability of finished matches on press
- Review suitability of press returns ink for recycle.
- Perform ink estimating for jobs going to press.
- Must have strong communications skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel.
- An associates degree or higher is preferred and a minimum of a high school degree is required
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in ink color matching, pressroom and work-off formulation with Sheet-fed UV, Conventional and Heatset Paste ink. Offset printing experience is desired.
- Strong emphasis on the ability to identify, set and review quality standards for customers