Operator – Ink Maker or Pigment Maker
04 Dec 2017
- Operator will produce a variety of chemicals and chemical intermediates by following standard operating procedures as well as come in contact with a variety of chemicals and chemical waste products, some of which can be hazardous.
- Operator will carry out various tasks in the preparation, reaction and storage of a variety of products using reactors, pumps, filters, hoists, mixers, dryers and other manufacturing equipment.
- This position requires batch processing which includes material, processing batch, monitoring and recording data, loading, unloading and cleaning equipment, packaging product, maintaining a safe and orderly work area.
- Operator must become thoroughly knowledgeable in the process of producing a quality batch and must be able to troubleshoot any issues that occur during the process.
- Operators will perform safety inspections of equipment as required.
- Daily housekeeping of the area and all equipment.
- Operator will assist other production areas as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- High level of safety consciousness
- Highly motivated team player
- Mechanical aptitude to perform minor repairs to vessels and equipment as needed
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand all SOPs as well as maintain a working knowledge of all SOP’s associated with the process
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to execute strenuous, sometimes repetitive physical work such as lifting, pushing or pulling objects up to 50 pounds and even 100 pounds as necessary, work in extreme temperatures, indoors and outdoors and be able to stand for long periods at a time
- Must be flexible and be able to work any shift, and overtime as needed
- Maintain acceptable attendance, which will be monitored continuously