Product Consultant Trainer - USA
Xeikon International designs, produces and sells high quality digital color production printers. Xeikon is a world leader in industrial and commercial printing like commercial brochures, direct marketing, labels and packaging.
This position is primarily responsible for developing and conducting front line customer service, operational training and support to Xeikon America’s new and existing customers by performing the following duties:
- Consult with customers and evaluate customer competency to understand their entire workflow and associated print management applications.
- To improve overall throughput of the systems
- Achieve color consistency
- Achieve consistent daily maintenance procedures
- Achieve operational uptime and efficient levels of production
- Consult with customer and evaluate their operators’ level of training in order to ensure appropriate levels of operation efficiencies.
- Develops customized training program for customers on how to operate the company’s front end product and equipment.
- Reports to Installation and Training Manager regarding customer feedback and necessary improvement and/or recommendations.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Selects or develops testing and evaluation procedures to be used at completion of training.
- Able to perform all the essential duties of a trainer.
- Able to perform all the duties of a service technician.
- Able to perform all the duties of a Installation technician.
- Updates status online during day
- Updates and logs all training/service activity by end of day
- Packs up, ships, and provides tracking number to the 2nd Level at the end of each service incident
- Ensures the Installation Tracker and Error Report Forms are filled out completely and accurately
- All other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and nights.
- Will require travel up to 100%.
- Good trouble shooting skills with strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- MAC proficiency and have PC literacy and understanding of basic network concepts.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of complete product systems, with general understanding of related software, servers and channel configurations.
- Experience in the printing industry is a must.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- G7 training (Or earn within 1 year of employment and pass test with a 90% test score.
- CMP Master Training (Or earn within 1 year of employment and pass test with an 80% test score).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Server deployment, advanced networking, server storage systems.
- GUI authoring, SQL programming and Administration, C+, C++, Java.
- Excellent judgement and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients, and customers.
Digital Printing Presses, Cluster RIPs, Raster Processors, Managed Switches, Rack Servers