Regional HSE Specialist - Pine Bluff, AR
This position has a significant impact upon the environmental, personal safety, process safety performance and culture of the facility. Ensuring the plant is not only operating within all applicable regulations but driving continuous improvement is critical to the success of all our Flint Group operations. This position is the on-site safety expert at the Pine Bluff, AR facility and will support other smaller branches in the region with regard to HSE related activities.
Key job responsibilities:
- Assist assigned branches in region for HSE risk and effectively set up processes to manage and mitigate those risks.
- Oversee and assist assigned branches with interpretation of standards, regulatory compliance, reporting and permitting.
- Participate in government, industry and community committees to represent the interests of the facility by communicating with authorities as needed.
- Establish key performance metrics for HSE areas for the branches assigned and ensure effective systems for reporting and feedback.
- Oversee training programs that ensure branch management team assigned are carrying out training obligations effectively such that employee exhibit knowledge and understanding of EHS requirements.
- Perform and document monthly safety inspections, identify unsafe work practices, and recommend corrective actions.
- Reports near misses. Prepares A3 forms for incidents and significant near misses per the Reporting Procedures.
- Coordinates all site safety related workers compensations activities including communications between employee and HR, return to work assignments, etc.
- Manages site waste including treatment system and associated inspections and documentation.
- Maintains safety equipment supply and availability including PPE
- Oversees regulatory compliance activities, including necessary reporting requirements for OSHA, EPA, and DOT
- Support implementation and conformance to Flint Group’s Health and Safety Management System
- Maintain site SDS documentation
- Conduct monthly safety training for site
- Maintains safety and environmental statistics in the EXP database
- Maintains, prepares, and submits necessary permits related to safety and environmental
- Champions a safety focused culture
- Chairs Safety Committee
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned