Key job responsibilities:
- Perform multi-level Graphic Technician roles at various customer sites throughout the Midwestern Region.
- Candidate would need to be located in the Kansas City area.
- 100% travel is required.
- Weigh, blend, QC, and deliver in a productive, efficient, and safe manner press-ready inks to meet the demands of the customer’s production schedule.
- Follow appropriate quality control and inspection process for inks to ensure quality to presses.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records including quality controlled( visc. ,X-Rite , recorded ink batch ticket in grey folder) finished ink getting out to press, to meet production dates per customer’s schedule, ink adjustments at press, the level of totes and drums on the dispenser and complaints as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist with job scheduling and ink estimations for jobs going to press.
- Make sure that the office, equipment and floors are cleaned and properly maintained up to the standards the supervisor has put into place.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Review raw materials and suitability of finished matches on press.
- Review suitability of press returns ink for recycle.
- Perform ink estimating for jobs going to press.
- Should have background in performing at all levels of the Graphic Technician function
- Must have background working with both Flint fluid and paste inks, blends, and coatings.
- Must have strong communications skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel.
- An associates degree or higher is preferred and a minimum of a high school degree is required
- The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years experience in ink color matching, pressroom and work-off formulation with fluid UV, water base inks, Sheet-fed UV and conventional paste inks. Offset and Flexo printing experience is desired.
- Strong emphasis on the ability to identify, set and review quality standards for customers